In the past, I have provided a number of questions to ask a vendor before buying a flash array, Recommended Reading : Key Questions to Ask Your Flash Array Vendor Before You Buy. I now recommend also that those interested in flash array purchases look at the following report as well.
Gartner has released a critical compatiblities study with a number of use-cases :
- Overall use-case (Solidfire, Pure Storage and Kaminario were 1-2-3)
- Transaction-Processing use-case (Pure Storage, Solidfire and Kaminario were 1-2-3)
- Server Virtualization use-case (Pure Storage, Solidfire and HP were 1-2-3)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure use-case (Pure Storage, Solidfire & Kaminario were 1-2-3)
- High Performance Computing use-case (Solidfire, Kaminario and EMC were 1-2-3)
- Analytics use-case (Solidfire, Pure Storage and Kaminario were 1-2-3)
Solidfire, Pure Storage and Kaminario scored solidly. Surprisingly, Violin Memory came in 8th on all use-cases except for coming in fourth in high performance computing use-case.
Check it out (through Solidfire pages, you need to sign up and get the report) :
Or through Pure Storage web site.